Misty Emmons Insurance Agency

    3100 Saba Lane Suite A, Port Neches, TX 77651


    P: 409-722-8189



    8AM - 5PM

    Monday to Friday


High-velocity winds can cause severe damage to your property. Common windstorm claims involve roofs blowing off, trees falling on your property, fences blown down, and leaky windows. This type of damage can also bring hidden damages that aren’t realized upon the initial assessment of your property.  GET A QUOTE.

Windstorm insurance is a special type of property-casualty insurance that protects policyholders from property damage caused by gusty events: tornadoes, hurricanes, gales. Windstorm insurance will typically cover physical damages to the property and personal belongings.

If you’re in an area with a high risk of windstorms, review your policy language carefully with an agent from  Misty Emmons Insurance. If you’re located in a high-risk zone, you may be able to purchase coverage as an endorsement to your standard small business insurance policy or homeowner’s policy.

The Texas Wind Insurance Association provides coverage to residential and commercial properties in 14 counties of the Texas seacoast territory including Nueces, San Patricio, and Kleberg counties. The designated catastrophe area is that portion of the seacoast territory where the Commissioner of Insurance has found that windstorm and hail insurance is not reasonably available.

The policy provides wind and hail coverage when insurance companies exclude it from homeowners and other property policies sold to coastal residents.

Eligibility for a TWIA policy   ( GET A QUOTE )

Applicants and properties must meet the following criteria:
Properties must be located in the area designated by the Commissioner of Insurance, which currently includes all 14 first-tier coastal counties (Aransas, Brazoria, Calhoun, Cameron, Chambers, Galveston, Jefferson, Kenedy, Kleberg, Matagorda, Nueces, Refugio, San Patricio, and Willacy) and parts of Harris County east of Highway 146.  There are more requirements that an agent from Misty Emmons Insurance Agency can go over with you.

What does a TWIA policy cover?  TWIA policies provide coverage only for windstorm and hail damages to property covered by the policy. By law, no other perils (such as fire or theft) are covered by TWIA policies. TWIA policies do not cover flood damage. Flood coverage can be obtained through the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).

TWIA coverage types:

Residential: Dwellings, personal property, manufactured homes

Commercial: Commercial buildings, business personal property, townhouses and condominiums

Miscellaneous Items: Including but not limited to signs, fences, swimming pools, and flagpoles

How much does a TWIA policy cost?  There are several factors that affect your premium (how much you pay for a policy). The deductible is chosen by a policyholder and has the biggest impact on how much premium a policyholder pays. Misty Emmons Insurance Agency will be happy to provide you appropriate coverage for your needs.  Contact them at: P: 409-722-8189  or at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.